Town Clerk Home

Patricia A. Picco               Narice A. Casper II
Town Clerk(On Leave)      Acting Town Clerk, Records Access Officer

870 Moraine Street
Marshfield, MA 02050

Phone: 781-834-5540
Fax: 781-834-6289

Monday: 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Tuesday - Thursday: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM Friday:  8:00 AM - 12:30 PM


The Town Clerk’s Office provides the following services:
Birth Records, Marriage Intentions and Records, Death Records, Census Recordings, Election Division, Dog Licenses, Genealogy, Keeper of Committee Minutes, Committee Attendance Keeper, Raffle Permits, Street List Maintenance, Voter Registration, Business Certificates, Town General By-Laws,  Zoning Bylaws & Zoning Maps, Planning Rules & Regulations, Notary Services, Keeper of Town Seal, Records and maintains vital records (birth, death, and marriage)

Obtaining Vital Records
The Town of Marshfield supplies one format of birth certificates, commonly known as the long form. The cost of a birth certificate is $10.00. Marriage and death certificates may also be obtained for $10.00. All certificates are certified with the town seal.

Records can be requested online by emailing and picked up or mailed out. Please include type of certificate, name, date of birth, death or marriage and a phone number that we can reach you at in the event that we don't have the record you are requesting. They can also be obtained in person during regular office hours. You should call ahead to request a certificate and it will be ready when you arrive at Town Hall.

Marriage Intentions - Marriage intentions may be filed in any clerk’s office in the State and the ceremony may take place anywhere within the State.

Applicants must file together; blood tests are no longer required; 3-day waiting period from filing of intention to pick up. License valid for sixty days from date of filing intention. Filing fee $20.00

Elections/Voter Registration
Supervises elections - The clerk of the municipality is the supervisor of all elections. This entails many responsibilities such as scheduling the election workers, preparing the ballot, processing absentee ballots, maintaining voter files and setting up the voting area.

Absentee ballots may be obtained for any election from the clerk’s office and may be sent to any destination you indicate. You may also make arrangements with the clerk to vote in the office. If you are permanently disabled and/or housebound you may contact your physician and have a note sent to the clerk’s office and we will automatically send you your request for every election.

Voter registration is held in the clerk’s office during regular office hours and during special sessions required before town meetings and elections. The special sessions are advertised in the local newspaper and on Cable TV.

Dog Licenses
Dog licenses are issued at the clerk’s office. Dogs are required to be licensed at 6 months of age. Licenses run from April 1st to March 31st. A current rabies certificate is required at time of licensing. Fees are $10.00 for spayed female and neutered male and $15.00 for female and male. Proof of spaying and neutering is required. The Rabies and Neutered Certificate can be uploaded to your license application in PDF format. Additionally your Veterinarian may email these certificates to the following email address:  

Raffle Permits
Raffle permits are issued in the clerk’s office to non-profit groups and organizations for a $10.00 fee. The permits are valid for one year from date of issuance.

Business Certificates
Business Certificates are required to be filed for anyone conducting business in a name other than their own, also known as DBA certificate. These are valid for four years from date of issuance and the fee is $30.00.

Annual Census
The annual census is conducted by the clerk’s office. Forms are usually sent out between January and February and census return is also available online.   Just  go to Marshfield's home page and look for the census button.  Click on it and you will be looking at a census form which you can answer.  It is essential that these forms be returned, as removal from the voting list could result if you fail to complete your census. Registration for voting or any change of party cannot be done on the census form. Please contact the office and we will send out the required form.