Marshfield Veterans' Services
Its Tax Abatement time! If you have been awarded a VA Disability rating of at least 10% prior to July 1, 2015, you are entitled to a real estate tax abatement. Please see the Assessors office for an application as soon as possible. First time and 100% disabled will need a copy of the disability award letter. Fist time applicants will also need to bring their DD 214. Deadline is early March 2016.
William C. Dodge
Veteran's Service Officer
Carin L. Paulette
Deputy Veteran's Service Officer
870 Moraine Street
Marshfield, MA 02050
Phone: (781) 834-5576
Fax: (781) 837-1239
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
For Veterans Memorial Park Reservations
To reserve The Park, please contact/send Application Form to:
The Trustees of Veterans Memorial Park
Attn: Sharon Robbins firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Mission The mission of the Marshfield Department of Veterans’ Services
is to be the chief advocate for Marshfield veterans and their families.The Marshfield Department of Veterans' Services provides information and assistance in obtaining any federal state or local veterans benefit or veterans services to which they may be entitled. Examples of these benefits include but are not limited to VA Disability Claims and Pensions, Financial and Medical Assistance under MGL Chapter 115, Pension with Aid and Attendance, Property Tax Exemptions , Annuities and Deferrals, etc. Our goal is to provide this service with the dignity and respect these men and women have earned through their service to our nation.
Are my Benefits TAXABLE?
Find out what benefits (Compensation, Retired Pay, etc) are taxable in your State.
NEW MASS Housing Loan Program
OPERATION WELCOME HOME
Eligible borrowers include Active Duty Service Members, Reserve and National Guard Members, Veterans, and Gold Star Families.
VETERAN RESOURCE BOOKS
1. Massachusetts Guide to Veterans' Laws & Benefits
Laws and Benefits Document (downloadable)
2. Resource Guide for Veterans and Service Members
3. Federal Benefits and Services
The federal government offers benefits, services, and programs for veterans and their families, as well as members of the Reserve Component.
4. Military Retired Handbooks- Download
Definition of "Veteran" G.L. Chapter 4, Section 7, Clause 43
SELECTIVE SERVICE.. Do you need to register??
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
MILITARY RECORDS REQUEST
DD 214 REQUESTS, CORRECTIONS AND UPGRADES
VA FORM LIBRARY (use the library so you know you have the most up to date forms. VA will not accept out of date forms.
ATTN: VETERANS! DON’T GET RIPPED OFF!
The Story goes like this: There was a veteran who needed his DD 214 Discharge in a rush. He did a Google search and found a website that stated for $89.00, a credit card and his SS#, they could retrieve his DD 214 Discharge for him. So what this company does is send a form SF180 request to National Personal Records Center. THIS IS A FREE FORM AND A FREE REQUEST THAT ANY VETERAN CAN DO THIS HIM/HERSELF! Also, any Veteran organization can assist veterans FOR FREE with claims, discharge and records requests, education and any other issues they have. Please pass this along to the veterans you know and don’t let them get ripped off.
******** HIGHLIGHTS / EVENTS *********
The BIG "E"!
Eastern States Exposition
Friday, Sept. 18, Springfield MA – Be A Kid For A Day/Military Appreciation Day
Guard and Reserve Members- Click to Check on your VA Benefits! -VAGuardReserve.pdf
GET THE VA HEALTHCARE MOBILE APP!
Women Veterans' Network: The mission of the Women Veterans' Network is to provide women with information on benefits; expand awareness of the needs of women veterans; and identify available health and human resources to meet those needs.
VETERANS’ BILL OF RIGHTS
Veterans, you have a right to:
- File a written application for veterans’ benefits at anytime. You can insist upon this right, even if told that you are ineligible.
- Get help from your local city or town veterans’ agent or town clerk in completing your application. [M.G.L., Chapter 115, Section3]
- Receive a full explanation of the services and veteran’s benefits available under M.G.L., Chapter 115, as well as other available benefits.
- Receive a written notice and explanation of the approval or denial of your application for benefits. [108 CMR 8:02 (1)]
- Be treated with dignity and respect and to receive accurate, courteous, and timely service.
- Appeal and request a hearing if you disagree with any action taken in your case. [108 CMR 8:07(1)]
- Expect confidentiality; personal information will not be collected or used except for the purpose of determining your eligibility for benefits.
- Receive fair and equal treatment without regard to veterans’ status [M.G.L., Chapter 40, Section 51] race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex or handicap. [M.G.L, Chapter 151B, Section 3]
- Preference in public employment. [M.G.L., Chapter 31, Section 25 and Chapter 41, Section 112]
For additional information on your rights, speak to your local city or town Director of Veterans’ Services/Veterans’ Service Officer by calling your local city or town hall, or call the Department of Veterans’ Services at (617) 727-3578 or their web site: www.state.ma.us/veterans.
Links to help you find all the benefits you may be eligible for:
- EBenefits How to Apply for VA Benefits
DVS The Official Website of the Department of Veterans' Services
FORMS click here- (or download SF180.pdf Request for Military Records)
ID Card Facility Locations click here!
MA Veterans Service Officers Assoc. Inc
Mass Vets Advisor
Log on to Mass Vets Advisor below to find all the benefits
you may be entitled to. Tailor your search using the search button
and the parameter options on the left side of the page.
My Health E Vet My HealtheVet is VA’s online personal health record. It was designed for Veterans, active duty Servicemembers, their dependents and caregivers. My HealtheVet helps you partner with your health care team. It provides you opportunities and tools to make informed decisions and manage your health care
National Resource Directory for Vets
Obtain your records http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/
Unit Finder Search all 5 military branches for your favorite units, past and present, at the Military Unit Finder.
US Department of Veterans Affairs
Veterans Inc aims to remain a leading provider of services that improve the lives of veterans and their families by providing the highest quality services; and continuing to create new opportunities in the areas of health, employment and housing.