William C. Dodge
Veteran's Service Officer
Carin L. Smith
Deputy Veteran's Service Officer
870 Moraine Street
Marshfield, MA 02050
Phone: (781) 834-5576
Fax: (781) 837-1239
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
PARADES For Participation/ Registration
and Info Click here
CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF LOCAL VETERANS SERVICE OFFICERS BY TOWN
[ Veterans Memorial Park Reservations click here ]
Our Mission The mission of the Marshfield Department of Veterans’ Services
to be the chief advocate for Marshfield veterans and their families.The
Marshfield Department of Veterans' Services provides information and
assistance in obtaining any federal state or local veterans benefit or veterans services to which they may be entitled. Examples of these benefits include but are not limited to VA Disability Claims and Pensions, Financial and Medical Assistance under MGL Chapter 115, Pension with Aid and Attendance, Property Tax Exemptions , Annuities and Deferrals,
etc. Our goal is to provide this service with the dignity and respect
these men and women have earned through their service to our nation.
Are my Benefits TAXABLE?
Find out what benefits (Compensation, Retired Pay, etc) are taxable in your State.
VETERAN RESOURCE BOOKS
1. Massachusetts Guide to Veterans' Laws & Benefits
Laws and Benefits Document (downloadable)
2. Resource Guide for Veterans and Service Members
3. Federal Benefits and Services
federal government offers benefits, services, and programs for veterans
and their families, as well as members of the Reserve Component.
4. Military Retired Handbooks- Download
Definition of "Veteran" G.L. Chapter 4, Section 7, Clause 43
SELECTIVE SERVICE.. Do you need to register??
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
MILITARY RECORDS REQUEST
DD 214 REQUESTS, CORRECTIONS AND UPGRADES
VA FORM LIBRARY (use the library so you know you have the most up to date forms. VA will not accept out of date forms.
******SOMETHING TO TALK ABOUT******
Are you looking for a quick getaway? Then I recommend checking out Armed Forces Vacation Club for some exciting and inexpensive vacations, including their limited time Resort Vacation Certificate Sale.
Let’s jump in and see what AFVC has to offer, including eligibility, locations, pricing, and more.
Limited Time! 7 Night Resort Vacation Certificates For $299‡*!
Give the gift of travel & save $100‡! Now through July 16th, you can purchase a weeklong resort vacation certificate for $299‡* from Armed Forces Vacation Club.
Terms and Conditions – ‡Sale runs July 7, 2015 – July 16, 2015 at 11:59 PM ET. Purchases made through this offer are non-refundable. Must enter promo code VACATION to receive discount. Additional fees may apply for selected upgrades. This offer applies only to Resort Vacation Certificate inventory.
Click here to learn more about the Armed Forces Vacation Club Sale.
******** HIGHLIGHTS *********
Guard and Reserve Members- Click to Check on your VA Benefits! -VAGuardReserve.pdf
GET THE VA HEALTHCARE MOBILE APP!
VA Home Loan- Apply online for your VA Certificate of Eligibility here through E Benefits
Family Flyer-Supporting Families of Cape Cod and Southeastern NE Workshops, Career and Job Opportunities, Family Readiness
Women Veterans' Network: The mission of the Women Veterans' Network is to provide women with information on benefits; expand awareness of the needs of women veterans; and identify available health and human resources to meet those needs.
VETERANS’ BILL OF RIGHTS
Veterans, you have a right to:
- File a written application for veterans’ benefits at anytime. You can insist upon this right, even if told that you are ineligible.
- Get help from your local city or town veterans’ agent or town clerk in completing your application. [M.G.L., Chapter 115, Section3]
- Receive a full explanation of the services and veteran’s benefits available under M.G.L., Chapter 115, as well as other available benefits.
- Receive a written notice and explanation of the approval or denial of your application for benefits. [108 CMR 8:02 (1)]
- Be treated with dignity and respect and to receive accurate, courteous, and timely service.
- Appeal and request a hearing if you disagree with any action taken in your case. [108 CMR 8:07(1)]
- Expect confidentiality; personal information will not be collected or used except for the purpose of determining your eligibility for benefits.
- Receive fair and equal treatment without regard to veterans’ status [M.G.L., Chapter 40, Section 51] race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex or handicap. [M.G.L, Chapter 151B, Section 3]
- Preference in public employment. [M.G.L., Chapter 31, Section 25 and Chapter 41, Section 112]
For additional information on your rights, speak to your local city or town Director of Veterans’ Services/Veterans’ Service Officer by calling your local city or town hall, or call the Department of Veterans’ Services at (617) 727-3578 or their web site: www.state.ma.us/veterans.
Links to help you find all the benefits you may be eligible for: